Friday, February 18, 2011

Thankfulness: Feb 15-18

Well, it's getting hard to get on here daily and post my thankfulness! So, rather than stress myself out and feel badly about not posting daily (I mean really; I set the rules for this, so I can change them if I need to, right?), I will post at least once a week. I'll still try to post daily when I can, but I'm taking the pressure off myself. Phew.

this week I've been thankful for the way God gets us through storms. last week was a hard week for our church family; the church's former pastor and father of many in the church, including the current pastor, died. Many in his family fought colds and the flu last week, but all were healthy by the time his service started on Friday. All family and church family were able to attend, which was/is a necessary part of processing through the grieving process. The Lord healed everyone in time for that service.

This week, just about all that man's family as well as almost the entire church is sick with one illness or another. While we know that it most likely is a temporary discomfort for everyone, it does bring regularly scheduled life to a halt. I'm so thankful that the all-wise God saved us all from sickness last week. And, that He'll get everyone through this week's illnesses.

No comments: